But the real secret to jazzing up the sales of your business is to just be consistent.
- Be consistent in the quality of work you provide. Clients will learn they can depend on you.
- Be consistent in how you deal with clients. Don't be a moody! Don't appear down in the dumps. Have a positive attitude about your business - always.
- Be consistent in your marketing efforts. Instead of spending a lot of money on one large marketing effort, like a mail-out or TV ad, spend smaller amounts of money on several marketing efforts over time.
- Be consistent in your promises to employees. Your employees ARE your business to your clients. Make sure they feel engaged and appreciated.
- Be consistent in your community involvement. Getting involved in trade associations and community groups is a great way to market yourself and your business. Being involved for just 1 year won't provide you with a jump in sales. You have to get involved and stay involved over time.