Saturday, February 02, 2008

Persistence Pays Off

In my opinion, being persistent is the quality that separates the good from the great salesperson. To jazz up the sales of your business, be persistent.

Did you know that 80% of salespeople quit trying after hearing the first, "No?"

Tom Reilly, author of Value Added Selling, clarifies the difference between pushy and persistent. He says, “If you press for an order after I say ‘No’ because you need to sell something today, you’re pushy!” But, “If you press for a commitment when I say ‘No’ because I really need your solution, you're persistent.” It has everything to do with your motivation. Are you pressing for the customer’s benefit or for your benefit?

I'm glad that the builder I blogged about last month was persistent. Although from what I said about him appearing desperate you may think I'm contradicting myself! But we just closed on the house this week!

No comments: