- Be too busy to greet your customers when they enter your place of business.
- Make sure customers have to wait to make their purchase or talk to you about their needs.
- Let your phone ring 5 or 6 times - don't be in a hurry to answer it. Better yet, let calls go to voicemail so you can listen to them later.
- Make sure people feel anxious and in a hurry when they arrive at your place of business. Let them know that you have other things to do.
- Put off training new employees on how to help customers or how to make customer needs a priority. After all, your employees have a particular job to do and don't need to be sidetracked by helping customers or clients.
- Be rigid with your product or service offerings. You really don't have time to accommodate any special client needs.
I'm glad Black Friday is only one day a year. Make sure it doesn't last any longer than one day at your business.