You can't pick up a business magazine without reading articles about social networking. It's the "thing" right now and relatively uncharted territory with how it can be used for increasing business sales. Social networking gives you a chance to get to know someone passively. I'm getting to know Ashton Kutcher by following him on Twitter. We all know people want to do business with people they like and social networking provides a great forum to get to know people better.
So here are a few tips for jazzing up your sales using Facebook and Twitter:
- For starters - sign up! It's free.
- Complete your profile in a manner that reflects who you are, your business and what your business does.
- Include a link to your website.
- Include a photo that looks professional. It doesn't necessarily have to be a professionally taken photo.
- Update your Facebook status or "tweet" about activities that highlight your business or industry.
- Create your own group for your business that others can join. Use this group to communicate information to your customers.
- Join groups that your customers might join.
- Post photos of events your business participates in or sponsors.
- Respond to and post comments on other's Facebook pages.